Webinar - Foundations of CQI: Part 2, Process Mapping
PHESC is holding two foundational webinars for people who are:
- New to CQI
- Looking to understand key concepts as part of an introduction to the subject
- Not yet enrolled in a 2-day certification course (such as HQO’s Ideas or OPHA or OHA’s yellow belt)
The presenters for both webinars are Nicole Stefanovici and Melody Roberts. Nicole is the Continuous Quality Improvement and Education Advisor wIth Niagara Region Public Health and Emergency Services. She is Co-Lead for the Ontario CQI Locally Driven Collaborative Project. Melody has a Masters’ certificate Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt from the Schulich School of Business at York University and is President of Innovation for Health Impact Inc. She works with organizations to build capacity in continuous quality improvement, knowledge mobilization and strategy. Previously she initiated and managed an enterprise process improvement unit as well as a capacity building unit at Public Health Ontario.
Webinar 2 - Foundations of CQI: Part 2, Process Mapping
1:00pm EDT April 8
After this session, the learner will be able to:
- dispel process improvement myths
- see how process design makes work repeatable and improve-able
- articulate attributes of a good process as well as key process concepts
- distinguish the difference between process maps (work flow diagrams), value stream maps and standards of work (work instructions)
- provide local examples to understand the state-of-the-art of process improvement practice through case study examples
- understand the current work underway to document process improvement practices in Ontario health units.